iMethods is currently seeking a Network Engineer for a large healthcare system in the Cleveland, OH area. This is a full-time position and will require relocation to the area.
Primarily responsible for assisting with the day-to-day management and maintenance of the network environment as well as the design and implementation of both the wired and wireless networking services. Interacts with business users and vendors to identify and define requirements and expectations of new and existing network systems. Participates in design, implementation, and troubleshooting process for complex internetworks. Assists in the development and strategy of the network infrastructure through system monitoring, maintenance, and system upgrades.
- Timely response to Help Desk Trouble Tickets and handles related issues.
- Completes work request activity submitted via Service Request System.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network communication issues.
- In conjunction with Unified Communications team, identifies diagnoses, and resolves VoIP communication issues in conjunction with IP Telephony team.
- Ability to perform wireless RF site surveys
- Maintain, optimize and troubleshoot wireless enterprise network services (data, voice, location, security)
- Configures, administers, installs, and upgrades network infrastructure components.
- Remotely administers and maintains complex TCP/IP networks using routers and switches.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive documentation related to the network infrastructure.
- Schedules upgrades and collaborates with Cisco network architects on network optimization. – Recommends, tests, schedules and implements upgrades (IOS upgrades, patches).
- Maintains familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, WINS, and Cisco DHCP. – Configures and administers Cisco ACS, Cisco networking devices, Cisco Firewalls and VPN Concentrators, McAfee Intrushield, and McAfee WebSense.
- Maintains and utilizes working knowledge and experience with Cisco Quality of Service (QoS) for wireless data and voice.
- Provides proactive monitoring of network using network management software configuration and troubleshooting (Cisco NCS, Cisco MSE, Cisco NAM, Whats Up, Flukes OptiView, Solar Winds, and SNMP).
- Creates and maintains comprehensive documentation related to the network infrastructure. – Provides capacity planning for internal and external network connections.
- Participates in on-call service rotation; provides 24 x 7 production support on a rotating basis.
- Performs occasional night/weekend work as required due to environmental constraints.
Experience & Knowledge:
- 7+ years of experience with Enterprise Network infrastructure, including design, implementation, and ongoing management and troubleshooting in a mid to large sized company required.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Expert level of knowledge in advanced 802.11 wireless technologies.
- Must have working knowledge of 802.1x, EAP, TKIP, AES, Radius, and Layer2/layer 3 roaming.
- Ability to effectively document processes required.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Visio and Project required. Good working knowledge of Voice over IP technology required.
- Knowledge and Experience with Microsoft Active Directory required.
- Practical experience in the use of network monitoring tools such as Cisco Works LMS, NetFlow, HP Open View and Network Sniffer is required.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Layer 2 and Layer 3protocols VTP, SpanningTree, IP, IPX, SNA, DLSW, EIGRP, OSPF is required.
- Experience with provisioning of data services from service providers is required such as DSL, FrameRelay, SONET, OPTEMAN, GIGAMAN required.
- Experience with security devices such as PIX, ASA, VPN Concentrators, IPS / IDS, is required. Complex problem-solving abilities with experience in performing root cause analysis required. – Experience with Cisco IP Telephony technologies required.
- B.S in Information Technology or related field with an interest in Information Technology Networks required.
Credentials, Licensure or Certification (i.e. RN, RRT):
- Required: Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) and / or equivalent years and working experience.