iMethods is currently seeking an Oracle Technical Supervisor for a large healthcare system in the Cleveland, OH area. This is a full-time position and will require relocation to the area.
The Oracle Technical Supervisor leads a team of developers and database administrators in the maintenance and support of the Oracle eBusiness Suite and ancillary applications. This role works directly with IT leadership, peers, and technical staff to meet the operational needs of the organization. In addition, this role acts as a liaison between the organization, application vendors and their technology staff to ensure technical solutions meet organization policies and regulatory requirements.
– Collaborate with Manager and Functional Supervisor to plan and execute strategic business initiatives.
– Work with business partners and team members to translate business requirements into viable technical solutions with attention to customer service.
– Partner with Project Management Office to support all phases of project implementation.
– Ensure database environments meet organization security standards and regulatory requirements and utilize appropriate backup strategies.
– Coordinate patch analysis, deployment, cloning and database tuning activities.
– Lead disaster recovery preparation, planning and testing activities.
– Evaluate current processes, recommend, and drive continuous process improvements and operational efficiencies.
– Coordinate technical design reviews with a focus on industry standards and best practices.
– Oversee creation and proper maintenance of technical solution design documentation.
– Ensure adherence to department processes including code migration and change control procedures.
– Monitor and measure performance against established department and team SLAs/KPIs.
– Initiate and maintain positive relationships with business partners and team members.
– Participate in resource planning and prioritization sessions with business partners.
– Supervise production support activities and escalate issues with appropriate internal/external resources.
– Act as a liaison with application vendors and participate in vendor or system selections as needed.
– Develop, mentor, coach and motivate team members.
– Prepare and conduct one-on-ones and performance reviews.
– Participate in the recruiting process for new team members.
– Perform on-call rotation and other duties as required in a 24×7 environment.
-Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Information Systems or related field.
Credentials, Licensure or Certification:
-Oracle Certified Database Administrator or PMP certification, a plus.
– 5+ years’ experience leading/supporting technical development or core DBA activities for Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) required.
– Experience managing remote team members preferred.
– Experience leading a new application implementation or major application/hardware upgrade preferred.
– Demonstrated infrastructure knowledge required.
– Experience in DB performance, application/DB tuning, performance management, and SQL coding and tuning in a Linux/UNIX environment required.
– Working knowledge of Oracle development tools, PL/SQL, Forms, Java, System Administration, Workflow, and AME required.
– Thorough understanding of Oracle EBS inter-modular relationships required.
– Knowledge of the following ancillary applications preferred: Hyperion Financial Reporting Suite, OBIEE/OBIA, Taleo Recruiting (Oracle Cloud), Kofax for Accounts Payable
– Prior experience in project lifecycle, software development lifecycle, and ITIL standards required.