iMethods is seeking an IT Applications Manager for a large health system in Richmond, VA.
• Responsible for handling the operational support, maintenance, and development activities for healthcare business applications.
• Responsible for working closely with various hospital team members in identifying, evaluating, selecting, and implementing specific information technologies that support the business plans and IT strategies.
• Will act as a focal point for communicating related system problems within the department and collaborates with other teams and vendors on changes, fixes, and updates.
• Manages the release process for applications which includes effective department wide and end user communication.
• Will lead a team of IT specialists responsible for implementing and upgrading system hardware and application software.
• This position will also manage service delivery and SLAs by guiding incident resolution, problem management, maintenance, and enhancement tickets raised by the end users for assigned applications.
• The manager keeps abreast of new developments and forecasts future trends in the area of application integration in the healthcare industry and maintains a strong understanding of technology and its application to achieve business objectives.
Selected hires, may be assigned to support a combination of the following areas:
Inpatient and Core Clinical, Ambulatory, OR & ED, RIS & Cardiology, Lab, Research & Oncology, Patient Access & HIM, Billing
Required Licensure or Certification:
Must be certified in Epic module(s) appropriate to area of responsibility as determined by leadership if applicable. Each project and exam as determined for the specific roles must be passed within three (3) attempts. Successful Epic certification(s) completion required within 60 days of final training.
Maintain required Epic certification for appropriate role.
Five (5) years experience in relevant IT field and three years of leadership experience.
Ten (10) years experience in relevant IT field and five years of leadership experience.
Previous Epic experience in the training, build, and/or support of the Epic systems electronic health record suite preferred.
Healthcare experience desired.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or Engineering from an accredited program or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or Engineering from an accredited program.